I received an amazing gift of coconut oil that really is many gifts in one! I was so surprised by the usefulness of this product.
For my birthday, my friend, Janet, gave me a jar of Dr. Bronner’s Magic “All-One!” Fair Trade & Organic Coconut Oil and paired it with a cute decorative teaspoon.
Over the years, I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on beauty products. With this gift, I discovered all I really needed was coconut oil.
The Many Uses of Coconut Oil
I’ve made a short list of what it can be used for but there’s so much more including healthy cooking.
- Make-up Remover – make-up will melt away
- Body Lotion – great for dry skin
- Cuticle Oil – helps your manicure last longer
- Make-up brush cleaner – DIY cleanser: two parts antibacterial soap and one part coconut oil
- Lip Balm – ideal remedy for chapped lips because it’s semi-solid at room temperature
- Under-eye Cream – use a dab on under-eye bags and fine lines
- Body Scrub – 1/2 cup of coconut oil with handful of coarse salt or sugar to create an exfoliator
- Frizz tamer – rub dime size amount in your hands and smooth from mid-shaft to ends of hair
- Whitening Toothpaste – add baking soda to coconut oil for a beautiful white smile
- Shaving Cream – leaves legs smooth
- Itch Relief – soothe burns, bug bites and bruises
- Night Cream – apply it to dry skin at night for maximum moisturizing benefits
Coconut oil makes for a wonderful gift because you’re giving a money saving multi-purpose product that anyone can use.
The two basic items necessary to sustain life are sunshine and coconut milk – Dustin Hoffman