My high school friend Becky found true love and will soon get married. Only this time, her grandchildren are going to be there. So what do you get a couple who has lived a life time already and has every thing?
I spotted a picture of lovebirds when shopping in a craft store. Immediately, Becky and her soon-to-be husband came to mind. Her stories of him and how much they love each other sounded just like a couple of lovebirds.
Bill works as a truck driver and every time he returns home, he always brings one, two, three or more flower bouquets for her. He has brought her flowers every week for three years!
Now, he knows what romance is all about. Sounds like a keeper to me! No wonder she is head-over-heels crazy in love.
I purchased the picture of love birds and for that “thoughtful twist” explained the special meaning behind why I chose it. After researching the definition of lovebird and finding some interesting facts, I typed the following information, and taped it to the back of the picture.
- any various small parrots noted for the affection shown between mates.
- lovebirds, a pair of lovers.
Interesting facts about lovebirds
- Lovebirds mate for life. Mating begins with courtship behavior and continue throughout their lifespan.
- Lovebirds pine for each other. If a mate dies or gets separated from the flock, its companion exhibits erratic behavior.
- Like overly affectionate couples in restaurants on Valentine’s Day, lovebirds feed each other. Often, after a long separation or stressful period of time, lovebirds feed each other to re-establish their bond. One bird transfers food to the mouth of its mate, a feeding technique reminiscent of affection in humans–hence the inspiration for the parrot’s name.
I gave them the gift, and they both looked at each other and said it fit them perfectly. Bill read each sentence out loud agreeing with every word. Bonus – he’s a sentimental guy too!
I’m happy for the both of them to have found love again later in life. It’s nice to know age doesn’t matter when it comes to being lovebirds!
Wondering where to purchase lovebird pictures? Etsy has many lovebird items to choose from, and probably so does your local craft store.
Without love, we are birds with broken wings. – Anonymous