Ever wonder what to do with broken but beautiful, vintage jewelry? Recreate! Repurpose! Regift!
I received a picture frame containing vintage jewelry made into a dazzling crown. When I opened the gift, my mouth dropped.
My sister-in-law said, “It’s perfect for Queen Darlene!”
She was right of course! I loved all that beautiful bling! And because Karee designed and created it just for me made it even more thoughtful.
When she told me it was her new hobby, I began quizzing her about where she found the jewelry pieces, her ideas for designs, and how she made my crown.
A supplier provides her with vintage jewelry but she also finds them at garage and estate sales for reasonably prices. Karee explained she uses a special glue made for jewelry for all of her creations.
Ideas for Repurposing Vintage Jewelry
- A wedding bouquet
- Decorate picture frames, mirrors, and purses
- Use pieces as a bow when wrapping gifts
- Redesign and create a new necklace, bracelet, or earrings
- Frame pieces of vintage jewelry in the design of a Christmas tree
- Attach a piece of jewelry on the end of material to be used as a book mark
Instead of leaving unused vintage jewelry in a box on a shelf in the closet, recreate, repurpose and regift even if it is to yourself.
I’ve been saving my mother’s and grandmother’s vintage jewelry, and now I know what to do with them!
Jewelry is meant to be worn and displayed in public not kept in a box.