You probably know someone who is hard to shop for. It can be frustrating finding this type of person the perfect gift because they seem to have everything.
By upgrading, you’ll be giving someone a higher level of quality, comfort, beauty, performance, protection, or utility.
These types of gifts really work well when someone doesn’t typically spend money on themselves or when someone isn’t aware of what they’re missing by not owning a better brand that provides additional benefits.
- bed sheets (Get the highest thread count of Egyptian cotton you can afford. You get what you pay for!)
- soaps, body wash and lotions
- shoes (Ex. real leather or a more comfortable footbed)
- cutlery (better knives will save someone time in the kitchen)
- kitchen utensil
- household appliances
- camera and lenses
- pocket knife
- gear for their hobbies (Ex. higher performance running shoes or a lighter and warmer sleeping bag)
The right upgrade will make someone feel luxurious, even if it’s not a luxury good. I remember when I upgraded to a better kitchen knife. It was a life changing experience because chopping became a breeze and it took less time.
Now that I know what I’ve been missing, I’ll never be able to go back to what I was using before. And that’s exactly the type of reaction you’re looking to give someone when your gift is to upgrade their lifestyle!
Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury. – Coco Chanel
What other items do you own that you would love to upgrade? Please share in the Comments section.