My mother taught me the importance of writing thank you notes, and I’m passing the skills of showing appreciation down to my own children.
I started with my oldest child, Aiden, when he was only three years old. I created Color In Thank You Cards since he could color at that age.
At age 4, I created Star Wars thank you cards, and he wrote his name on each one and decorated them with Star Wars stickers.
This year at age 5, I created a Traceable Thank You Card since he’s learning how to write uppercase and lowercase letters in Pre-K. The template has a place at the bottom for him to write his name.
He practiced his handwriting while learning proper manners and etiquette. Parenting win!
Instructions for DIY Traceable Thank You Card
- Open a blank Microsoft Word document
- Under Page Layout, change orientation to Landscape and create two Columns
- Download the Traceable Thank You Card template
- Insert the template into each column
- Insert your own colorful graphic above the template if you desire
- Print on white cardstock paper and cut in half
See! Not much to it!
It’s the perfect thank you note for beginner writers in Pre-K and kindergarten. There’s nothing cuter than kids’ handwriting so it will melt the heart of every one who receives one!
Make it a habit to tell people thank you. Then teach the habit to the next generation. You’ll make the world a better place!