I once found out about a family member’s birthday party the day before. I freaked out at first! What should I get a teenage boy on such short notice??
That’s when I thought of the perfect thoughtful gift idea that anyone can create at the last-minute – a birthday money box.
Money is something every teenager wants, and the birthday money box I could easily create with items I already had at home.
The birthday money box is fun to give and receive because when the gift recipient pulls on the card that says “PULL UP,” they will be surprised with a really long strand of cash that continues to come out as they keep pulling and pulling and pulling!
HOW TO CREATE A BIRTHDAY MONEY BOX
Here are the items you will need:
- small empty tissue cube box with a cute design
- card stock paper
- pen or printer
- transparent tape
- You can either write or print your message on the card stock paper. At the very top, it should read, “PULL UP.” Or use an arrow in place of “UP.” Below that write your birthday message.
(Tip: Leave space between “PULL UP” and the birthday message so the birthday message can’t be seen until the piece of paper is completely pulled out.)
- Cut the card stock into a long rectangle 7.5 inches tall and 3.5 inches wide.
- Tape the cash from end to end and then tape to the bottom of the card stock. Use very small pieces of tape so they can be removed by the gift recipient without tearing the money.
- Starting with the cash at the bottom of the strand, roll the cash into one big roll that will fit inside the tissue box.
- Stuff the roll of money into the bottom of the tissue box, and place the card stock so “PULL UP” is sticking out of the top.
This birthday money box is a unique way to give cash, and it can also be used for graduation presents.
When it comes to teenagers, money is always a thoughtful gift.