When Princess Diana’s son, Aiden, turned one year old, I set out on a mission to give him something that most boys his age would not normally receive for their birthday.
With the chair, I also gave Aiden an OU “Start ’em Young, Raise ’em Right” toddler t-shirt and a teddy bear. A large stuffed bear wearing an OU t-shirt and sitting in the OU chair is so stinkin’ cute!
Since Aiden’s parents already have their own folding chairs, Papa Bear, Mama Bear and Baby Bear now can all sit in a chair that is juuuust right for them whether they’re tailgating, camping, RVing, fishing or just hanging out in their backyard.
OK, I have to tell you prior to writing this post, I researched the correct name for the folding bag chair. I found out there’s not just one name for it because there are so many variations!
- Patriotic Bag Chair
- Sport-Brella Mini Chair for Kids
- Oversized Quad Chair with Cooler
- Quik Shade Canopy Chair
- Kids Canopy Chair
- Baby Go With Me Chair
- Parrot Sunset Lounger
- Infinity Zero Gravity Reclining Chair
- Margaritaville “Nothing but a Breeze” Logo
- My favorite – Picnic Time Portable Folding “Sports Chair” – This chair has on the side an accessory panel that includes a variety of pockets to hold such items as your cell phone (helloooo), sunglasses (movie star look), magazines (People) or a scorekeeper’s pad (for little league games). It also includes an insulated bottle beverage pouch (water – yea) and a zippered security pocket to keep valuables out of plain view (what valuables?). It also has a convenient side table that folds out to hold food & drinks (yummm!).
With so many varieties of folding chairs, folding chairs really do make a great gift idea for people of all ages. Consider even getting a matching set for an entire family!
The first chair was too big, the second chair was too small but the third chair was a folding bag chair and it was just right!
Do you have a favorite folding chair? Let us know in the comments section.