Most of us have grown up with teddy bears or other beloved stuffed animals. Many of us still have them.
They are tucked away forgotten until we come across them stored away in the attic or closet. Oh… that warm fuzzy feeling of seeing your childhood companion!
I have a beautiful gift idea to display the lovable teddy bear and other favorite huggable animals.
Place the stuffed animal in a picture frame to look like art!
You can purchase frames, use frames you have around the house or look for frames at garage and estate sales at bargain prices. If you don’t like the color of the frame, simply paint over it.
I love DIY projects only if they are simple!
Items You Will Need:
- Stuffed animal that holds sentimental value
- Foam core board to the size of the frame
- Spray glue
- Wire & wire cutters
How to Assemble:
- Cut the fabric a three to four inches larger than the foam core board.
- Spray glue on the foam core board.
- Place the fabric on the board, spread smoothly and fold the extra fabric around the board.
- Place the teddy bear on the board, use a pencil to mark behind the bear’s neck on both sides. This will be used for the wire to secure the bear on the frame.
- Push the nail through the fabric and foam core board to make two holes.
- Cut the wire to make it long enough to go around the bear’s neck so the head slightly bows and is not pulled tight.
- Thread each end of the wire through the holes and twist tie the wire.
- Place the bear and board into the frame.
It looks like a lot of steps but believe me it’s easy peasy! If you’re not a DIY person, you can always have your local craft store frame the precious keepsake.
Kids outgrow their best buddy but still like to have their stuffed animal around. Instead of letting their beloved toy sit in the closet or on a shelf, frame it for their room along side your favorite stuffed animal from your childhood.
For a thoughtful twist, frame your son’s or daughter’s keepsake stuffed animal for your new grandchild’s room as a baby shower gift. I guarantee the expectant parents will love this sentimental one-of-a-kind gift.
Teddy bear hugs are the best!