The idea behind “pay it forward” is that everyone can make a difference in the life of someone else. When you pay it forward, you make an effort to positively impact a person’s life through a random act of kindness and love.
Last week, I wrote about my friend Erin who wanted to inspire 34 pay it forward random acts of kindness in celebration of her 34th birthday. In case you were inspired to do the same thing, I thought I’d share with you some ideas of what you could do.
- Buy a movie ticket for the person behind you in line
- Send a card to someone in the military overseas
- Put something you no longer need on Craigslist.org for free
- Tape a bag of microwaveable popcorn to a Redbox machine with a note saying “Enjoy some popcorn with your movie!”
- Drop off a toy or game at a children’s hospital
- Buy a lottery ticket and give it to a stranger
- Continue Reading