April Fools’ Day is so much fun and it doesn’t matter whether you are in on the prank or the recipient of the joke!
I remember my very first office prank in the 1970s. I left a message for my boss to call Mr. Lyon. Secretly, the number was to the Oklahoma City Zoo.
When my boss called the number, he heard a recording of Mr. Lyon saying “April Fools!” We both got a kick out of it but by today’s standards seems kind of lame.
Today’s pranks are so much more elaborate.
For example, completely aluminum foil an entire office–the desk, computer, keyboard, phone, calculator, pictures, chair, bookcase, pens, pencils, everything! Or cover an entire car with sticky notes!
I have an easy peasy prank idea for April Fools’ Day that can be used in the office.
- A donut box – asked for an empty box from a donut shop.
- Fill the box with fresh veggies and fruit. Make it yourself or purchase a ready made tray of veggies with ranch dip or oranges and apples. How about a mix of both!
- Write on the inside top lid of the box “April Fools’!”
- Leave the closed box in the break room and when people open the lid, they’re sure to smile and laugh. Many people will appreciate a healthy snack.
I’ve found even more April Fools’ Day ideas for you to choose from so go and have some fun!
- 51 Hilarious Pranks for April Fools’ Day
- 17 Harmless April Fools’ Pranks that are Easy to Pull Off
- 41 Genius April Fools’ Day Pranks Your Kids Will Totally Fall For
Happy April Fools’ Day!
Even the gods love jokes– Plato