I loved going to summer camp as a kid so I wanted my children to have their own experiences of summer camp. One of the differences between theirs and mine, I sent my children a surprise care package.
Even though I was having lots of fun, I remember being homesick and I was sure my boys were too.
Especially if this is their first time, receiving a care package of their favorite treats and fun games while away at camp, reassures your children they are loved and you are thinking of them.
Here are some ideas:
- Potato chips
- Pik Nik Shoe String potatoes
- Oreo or other cookies
- their favorite homemade cookies
- Jolly Ranchers, Sour Patch, FireBall candies
- Tootsie Rolls
- trail mix
- bags of peanuts or can of mixed nuts
- Jiffy Pop popcorn (to pop over a campfire)
- lip balm
- Rubik’s cube or other games
- and you can’t forget the Silly String!
Add a note:
- Sending you a Box of Sunshine!
- Love you to the Moon and Back!
- Attach to your note a bag of nuts and write; “I’m nuts about you!”
- You mean the World to me!
- Attach a Tootsie Roll to your note and write; “You’re on a roll of having Fun!”
Be sure to send enough snacks your child can share with his or her bunk mates.
I was lucky to go to camp with my friends. The same friends I have today a half a century later.