You’ve heard it in the news. Americans don’t get enough sleep.
She goes so far as to call it a “sleep deprivation crisis” and explains that it negatively affects our health, our job performance, our relationships and even our happiness.
Really, we should all make a New Year’s resolution to get more sleep this year.
That’s why a gift of “Better Sleep” makes a thoughtful gift!
With most people not making the time to get a full 8 hours of sleep at night, encouragement from someone to make sleep a priority would be a much welcomed gift.
“Get More Sleep” Gifts
Here are some gift ideas to help someone get more and better sleep:
- Ergonomic pillow
- Knee pillow cushion (must-have for side sleepers)
- Eye mask
- Essential oils for sleep and relax
- Essential oils diffuser
- Good Night or Sleep Ready sleep enhancing light bulb
(low blue light allows for the production of the sleep hormone, melatonin, which supports your body’s natural circadian rhythm)
- Wireless activity and sleep tracker wristbands
- Sound + Sleep Machine
- Lavender bath salts or bath bombs
- Sleep and relax herbal teas
- Aromatherapy candles
- CD of relaxing sleep music
- Moisture-wicking bed sheets
- Mattress (pricey but so important to good sleep!)
You could even put together an entire Sleep Gift Basket. It would make the perfect gift for parents of little ones.
“Treat yourself as well as you treat your smartphone, making sure to sleep until fully recharged.” – Arianna Huffington, The Sleep Revolution